1.11 PreFabs are out for forgers! (Link)
1.1 Released! (aka "HCS Update")
This is a landing page to find all current Extraction Maps, GameTypes, and eventually, pre-fabs for your own forge maps.
In order to play, you'll need both a gametype, and a map with extraction pieces pre-installed. Forgers can also build for other game-modes because the soon to be released pre-fabs will be labelled for mini-game only.
Exctraction is... "Opposing teams have the objective of extracting "assets" from various sites around the map. Players must plant a beacon and protect it from the opposing team during the extraction countdown. If the defending team remains in control of the beacon, they receive one point, however if the opposing team "converts" the beacon, the point is theirs. Once a site has been extracted, a new site becomes available. The first team to extract five points wins."
ExTraction 1 Site HCS (Main)
ExTraction 1 Site
HCS/HWC Maps *NEW (map setup by @HeX Reapers )
Mercy Extraction HaloWC
Plaza Extraction HaloWC
Empire Extraction HaloWC
Eden Extraction HaloWC
original demo maps
Mercy - Extraction DEMO
Regret - Extraction Demo
Fathom - Extraction Demo
*All above maps are compatible for RED or BLUE teams only. They have "Red v Blue Enforcement" prefab installed, which will continuously kill non R/B players until they change back.
Special thanks to:
@HeX Reapers - game mode guidance and research. Competetive maps setup.
@Ryouji Gunblade - orb concept for extraction beacon Fx
@Yumudas Beegbut - scripting suggestions
@Captain Punch - scripting suggestions
@Ascend Hyperion @Max Extra testing lobbies
*HOW TO PLAY (Capturing a beacon and scoring):
- Sites are initially captured by pressing the 'Interact' button 2 times, where there is a short cooldown/wait in between to simulate halo 4's button HOLD option. Watch out, because the beacon resets your button progress if you miss the window to press the button!
- Hold a beacon for your team for 45 seconds to score. Time is reset when a team "converts" the beacon.
- Converting a site from an enemy team requires 3 button presses, uninterrupted.
- A sound plays when an enemy is attempting to capture. This pauses the countdown towards scoring (if other team aleady possesses) by subtracting 3 sec from the elapsed time.
- If tied at end of the round, game will create a sudden death situation where the team currently holding the site when time runs out, gains a point and wins.
Fun Fact: The first two games of Extraction in Halo 5 were on PC! (343i, please bring Halo 6 full game to PC, and at launch would be nice! Also also... cross platform play!)