Epirus is an asymmetric arena map set on an Orbital Defense Platform. I wanted the aesthetics for this map to be reminiscent of Cairo Station from Halo 2.
Gameplay wise, I was initially inspired by a map from Quake called Furious Heights. That map had a lot of great vertical engagements throughout, and I wanted to try to bring something like that into Halo, however, in the end, it ended up being closer to a more traditional Halo map.
I designed this map with the Strongholds gametype in mind, which you'll undoubtedly see as some areas on the map were specifically designed to be a stronghold location.
Through the middle of the map, you'll see a catwalk which serves as a position to hold the Blue Deck and Long Hall strongholds. In Junction, a raised platform will be the position of choice to hold Red Room and Blue Deck, and on the Red side of the map, there will be a raised walkway which you will hold Red Room and Long Hall from.
The weapon set is as follows;
- A Sniper Rifle spawns under the center catwalk (excluded in Assault)
- A Rocket Launcher spawns in Junction (excluded in Strongholds)
- 2 Battle Rifles, one near each team's spawn
- 2 Boltshots, one in Junction, the other in Long Hall
- 1 Brute Plasma Rifle spawns on the center catwalk
I plan on updating the map regularly, as I feel there is a bit more work I can do to improve it.