1. Guest, please list your maps in the Map section of the website. If you are reposting a map that you already released on the forums please ask a moderator to assign your old thread to the map listing.

Sandbox Vertigo

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by Mega Snipez, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Mega Snipez

Mega Snipez New Member

READ FIRST!! Vertigo is a concept debut map, as in I did not take the time to make the map itself work, i just want the idea to be out there so other people can work on it themselves. I only want people to know that it is possible, as I did get pretty close. As for the actual map, I spent around thirty total hours of work on it, most of which went into getting the wall features working to acceptable range. Watch the video below to understand what i mean:

YouTube- NEW HALO RACING CONCEPT: Vertigo

Overview
    [​IMG]

Overview 2
    [​IMG]

Starting Hill
    [​IMG]

First Concept Feature
    [​IMG]

First Concept #2
    [​IMG]

First Concept inner workings
    [​IMG]

Bank after Vertical Wall
    [​IMG]

Straight away
    [​IMG]

Second Concept Sheer Drop W/Uncheatable Finish
    [​IMG]

Shield Door Bounce Over Start
    [​IMG]
  2. Hat

Hat Guest

You need to have a link. If it's just a concept then post it in forge discussion.
  3. Mega Snipez

Mega Snipez New Member

no, its supposed to let people DL, ill get right on that.
  4. HarisSales1996

HarisSales1996 New Member

Also, you need to change your title. Titles are only allowed to have the map/gametype names in them. Please edit it, or ask a Mod to edit it to: "Vertigo".

Thank you.​

Cheers,
    HarisSales.​
  5. BurnNSky

BurnNSky Member

This is definitely one of the better race maps I've seen. The turns are smooth and banked to a degree that feels natural. My only concern would be that big vertical turn. I understand that it makes this map unique and that it looks very cool, it just kinda broke the flow for me. No big deal though. Like I said, it is what makes this map unique
  6. Meltyourtv

Meltyourtv Active Member

That was very cool. I think you pulled it off quite nicely.

But like you said, could've been done better.
  7. E inglourious 3

E inglourious 3 New Member

I was thinking about something like this for a while, along with upside-down corkscrews, loop-the-loops, and so forth.

I decided it would have to wait, or be a chopper race. Way to make a vertical banked turn work!