1. Guest, please list your maps in the Map section of the website. If you are reposting a map that you already released on the forums please ask a moderator to assign your old thread to the map listing.

ODST and REACH news thread.

Discussion in 'Halo Discussion' started by Mace, Jun 1, 2009.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 17 users.
  1. Mace

Mace Old Tyme

POST ALL BUNGIE NEWS ON ODST AND REACH IN THIS THREAD

RECON PICS
    YouTube - Halo Reach Trailer - 2010 (Game)
    meet the squad

intel

new mombasa

superintendent

podcast
    Bungie.net : Mountain of Sound : 1/18/2008 3:02 PM PST

FEET FIRST

FIREFIGHT
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  2. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

ahem.

Brute Plasma Rifle.

Hellyes.

[​IMG]
  3. Whisper

Whisper New Member

[​IMG]

This is Bungie.net's background. Any ideas about the logos on the buildings?
  4. Mace

Mace Old Tyme

RECON PICS CONTINUED

Features of ODST
    CAMPAIGN

4 PLAYER CO-OP

NEW HALO 3 MAPS

INVITATION TO HALO REACH BETA

ROAD TO RECON

COMMUNITY FEATURES

BUNGIE.NET INTEGRATION

PRE ORDER BONUS

Could a you two delte your posts then repost them so I can get the pics together?
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  5. Silent oo death

Silent oo death New Member

Brute plasma rifle FTW!!! I missed it so much. That and a smg were unstoppable in halo 2
  6. Plan B

Plan B New Member

wow the odst screenshots/pic look amazing.

nice info
  7. Hari

Hari Active Member

it now fires twice as fast but overheats like hell
  8. DMM White

DMM White New Member

The thing I like about playing as an ODST is they're regular height. All the ODSTs have larger models so they're all at your eye level, unlike in Halo 3 where the models were half the size of Master Chief, so they all look much more detailed.

Whisper, those logos on the buildings could be representitive of each of the ODSTs your play as through the game. Excluding The Rookie, there are 5 characters, there are 5 different logos on those buildings. The white and blue tear drop, the e, the white Vs, the red triangle and the arrow head.
    I doubt that they're directly link, as I said, theu're just representative of the 5 characters you try to find and play as in the flash backs.

Firefight looks great, too. Infinite enemies and the whole of Mombasa to play in! That'll be much more realistic than playing as Chief. You're objective isn't to waft pass your enemies and kill them by shaking your fist to go and save the galaxy 5 times over as if its something you do everyday. The objective would be to take as many aliens to the grave with you because you're seriously out numbered and you will die.
  9. B3NW

B3NW Active Member

Howly ****...
    Sign me up! Im pre orderin odst and im keeping my beta code!
  10. natu

natu New Member

11. Rifte

Rifte New Member

Has anyone else noticed the health bar instead of the shields?
  12. Hari

Hari Active Member

Uhh yes of course. and there is now a direction indicator on top and objectives appear on there. also it is linked to the superintendent.
  13. Dragull

Dragull New Member

What about the Halo: CE Pistol??!

THAT was unstoppable! I'll love ODST.

I doubt it will kill in 3 shots, but its accuracy may be the factor to subtitute the BR.
    Halo 1 Pistol, I missed you so much!!!
  14. arrrghSAM

arrrghSAM New Member

Hmm, excuse me?

"Firefight."

I think this may well be the rumoured Horde style mode, unless of course I'm missing something and it's already been announced as that.
  15. Dragull

Dragull New Member

16. Kilr0n

Kilr0n New Member

Yeah I'm realllly excited about Firefight! It basically sounds like a complete Horde mode rip off, but I'm still really excited! The thing I'm most worried about is having all the maps included. I feel like Microsoft is going to try to use this to justify ODST shipping at full price, which is useless to most people who already bought the maps. And yeah I know Bungie has said they don't view it is a full price title, but Microsoft is a whole bunch of greedy bastards, so I predict it will be the full $59.99.
  17. arrrghSAM

arrrghSAM New Member

18. Dragull

Dragull New Member

Ok, I've listed some intersting facts about Halo: ODST

- No shield bars, ODST have a life bar instead.
    - No radar, but have a special night vision.
    - Two new weapons: silenced SMG and silenced Magnum. Both can use the scope (just like in Halo: CE). The silenced SMG seems to have more accuracy than the regular one. The silenced Magnum seems to shot way faster than the regular one.
    - JUST NOTICE: ODST can carry MORE THAN TWO GRENADES of each type. I would guess they can carry 4 of each type of grenade.
    - Bruto Plasma Rifle (the red one from H2) seems to be back.
  19. diger44

diger44 New Member

One thing that Bungie screwed-over is Firefight, a COMPLETE rip-off of Horde mode in Gears 2. However the gameplay trailer game me a #nerdgasm#. I really can't wait to get it....
  20. Rifte

Rifte New Member

THAT. Ruined my day. Honestly, 60$?... Sadfaic. Limited edition is 100$, a new controller is like what, 60 bucks? That plus the normal game is 100$, but normal game is 60$ anyways. I think it would have made more sense to have the game priced at 40 bucks, most people already have most of the maps anyways.

I would have rrathered fire fight mode playing as a spartan... hopefully they'll have it in Reach. The enemies will probably come quicker, there'd be more, and also more challenging.